CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Monday 24 October 2011

Paint Fusion - Daisy Card

Hi Everyone

Well i have been missing from blog land for over a week now and couldn't wait to get home from work and post again.  I've had a fab couple of weekends demoing crafters companion products and this weekend gone i was at the craft show at gateshead stadium.  I had a great time and met some really lovely crafters and got the chance to give loads of tips and ideas for using the ultimate pro.  Catherine Carney was one of them and i just love her cards.  I think both catherine and her freind had a fab time as well.  We need more shows in the North East i think...... I also took lots of my own samples and as Crafters Companion also had Sheena Douglas's Paint Fusion stamps on display i put my favourite card of the moment up.

I did this a fair few weeks ago now but just haven't had time to upload it.  This is my second attempt at paint fusion Daisy's and i just loved the finished result so much i had to put it on a card.   When i made it it was one of those cards i really liked that i put it on the window sill and every time i walked past i thought,  hmmm i did that. (Am i the only one who will admit to this, if so i'm really embarassed).   I have to say I'm not a fan of getting messy (ie messy hands with paint all over me) so i didn't particularly like doing it at first but now i just love it. 


I wanted to keep it simple so chose a 6x6 inch square and kept it quite plain.  i painted the background onto one of the mount board squares, after i had followed one of the background techniques from Sheena's paint fusion DVD.   I matted the white linen paper onto some gold mirror board and embossed the word Daisy included in the stamp set and also  around the edge of the mount board.  To finish  off i added some of my fave Dusky Pink Ribbon from  Meiflower., then embsosed a simple Happy Birthday in gold embsosing to match.
Hope you like it..............

Louise xx

4 comments:

  1. Hi Louise, Beautiful card! Love your fusioned daisies ... very pretty. I have never tried paint fusion but like you am not a fan of getting messy hands so not sure I would like it but do like the finished result :-) Yep I also stand my cards up to admire lol!

    Lisa x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Lou this a beautiful card!
    Hugs Lynsey x

    ReplyDelete
  3. Love it Louise - very classy and elegant. One day I will try the paint fusion - when I run out of ideas for using the daisy stamp in other ways!

    Catherine x

    ReplyDelete