CLICK HERE FOR FREE BLOGGER TEMPLATES, LINK BUTTONS AND MORE! »

Followers

Monday 28 January 2013

Thinking of You Always

Hi Everyone

I'm scheduling this post to pop up tomorrow while I'm at work as there are some fab new darice embossing folders being released.  There are 33 in total and there are some fabulous designs, well they are all fabulous and i really don't know how you are going to choose which ones you NEED, as the design team have done a fab job.  They will all be posting too and there are some stunner's i can tell you.

My first one is using the key design and I'm still in a bit of a messy crafter mood so the distress inks came out again.  I was an absolute mess yesterday at the demo at Strikes Stokesley but had fun and everyone was interested in all the techniques i used with spectrum's, stamps and embossing folders.  I've used cut and dry foam to add the ink to the reverse of a piece of centura pearl card and just blended the colours together in circular motions.  So for this one i have used the key  design folder.  The distress inks used are pumice stone, Victorian velvet and aged mahogany before putting the piece of card through  my ebosser.  After the pattern was embossed i then highlighted the raised keys with frayed burlap to enhance them.  Then i have used a sentiment from one of Sheena's last stamp sets and embossed in copper embossing powder  I've added a little bit of stunning lace i found in my ribbon drawer and then i only had a silver key so i used the same embossing powder as i used for the sentiment to alter its colour.

Hope you like it.

Louise xx

11 comments:

  1. A really beautiful card, Mary x

    ReplyDelete
  2. Truly stunning card Louise! I love it!
    Debbie x

    ReplyDelete
  3. This is really beautiful Louise...I love how you've added the little key embellishment to tie it in with the stamped background hun.
    Hugz, Lorraine xx

    ReplyDelete
  4. Fabulous card and loving the key embossing folder that is 3 I have seen now that are on my NEED list :)

    Hugs
    Linda xxx

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hello, A beautiful card, I like the colours you have used and the key. Lisa :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. A stunnig card, love the techniques and design

    ReplyDelete
  7. Beautiful,love the sentiment.xxx

    ReplyDelete
  8. Never thought about using embossing powders to colour over metals. I shall have to experiment. A lovely card!

    ReplyDelete
  9. Wow! I really like your card. Did not know that you could use embossing powder on metal, so I learned something new, too! I do like my embossing folders!

    ReplyDelete
  10. Lovely card, luv my embossing folders :)

    ReplyDelete
  11. Lovely use of the embossing folder. The keys I love so much now I have seen it on your card I must get one x

    ReplyDelete